As one of the most intimate and personal spaces in a home how is it bedrooms become the most over looked when it comes to out-of-date decor? For our last day of bedroom month we’ll look at bedrooms in existing homes which are ripe for a re-do. Color plays a big part but so do patterned fabrics and window treatments.
Partially close your eyes to a squint and look at this picture. Notice how those dark lampshades and heavy drapery act like a focal points? They shouldn’t be. At the time (30 years ago +) this bedroom was likely quite stylish. It wouldn’t require much to update this into a tranquil and current retreat. For detailed descriptions of the possibilities shown see Olioboard.
How To Update the Dated Bedroom
- Rip up old carpet* – seagrass is a chic and inexpensive replacement
- Fresh and attractive bedding to make bed a focal point
- Crisp coordinating area rug
- Updated window treatments*
- Interesting lamps and lighting
* Carpet, window treatments, certain patterned fabrics and colors have about a 10 year window of usability if they are the least bit trendy.
I hope you enjoyed bedroom month, please comment if you did! If you missed any posts here they are:
- Inspiration Room
- Bed Placement
- Bedroom Inspiration
- Bedroom Essentials
- Bedroom Colors
- Bedroom Focal Point
- Bedside Tables