Summer is prime care care and detailing season for car lovers. In any given month there are weeknight drive-ins, Saturday Cars & Coffee, rallies, car shows and spectacular concours events around the country. Car enthusiasts are a passionate yet persnickety bunch when it comes to taking care of their cars. If you’ve ever wondered why you didn’t get the results you want, we have the answer. Having recently visited Meguiar’s Car Care headquarters in Irvine, CA, I learned the top mistake anyone can make with car care.
While standing in the middle of Meguiar’s Solutions Hub (1-800-347-5700) amongst the group of guys tasked with helping customers answer basic and highly technical detailing questions six days a week, I posed the question to Mike Pennington, Global Director of Training and Consumer Relations, what is the most common issue or top mistake people make with car care? He immediately turned to the professionals for the answer, they all said the same thing. The most common issue and/or mistake people make is not reading the directions for the products they use.
Just because you bought the same product as the guy down the street uses, doesn’t mean you’ll get the results you desire. He may use a product which requires more effort than you want to put in. He wants shiny wheels and you want matte. Using too much or too little of a product can also affect a product’s performance and your happiness with it. So many factors are at play with car care products, it is vital you get the right product for the job and read the directions.
To aid in achieving optimal results from your car care efforts, Meguiar’s has kindly offered one of our readers/followers a Mirror Bright Car Care Gift Set from their tried and trusted line of seven products available at auto specialty stores and online retailers nationwide.
Mirror Bright Collection
This is the product which put Mequiar’s on the map beginning in 1901. Fast forward to today where Meguiar’s has mixed modern technology and the high-quality craftsmanship found in their original formulation to produce simple, yet effective car care products. The Mirror Bright Collection will help you achieve the finish you’ve been looking to achieve!
- Automobile Shampoo for all automobile finishes, including modern clear coats and is perfect for regular use on all car surfaces.
- Polishing Wax that combines polishing and waxing into one, time-saving step to reveal maximum gloss, depth of color and mirror-like reflections.
- Wheel Cleaner for safe application on all wheel and brake finishes including chrome, polished aluminum and painted.
- Detailing Spray, a true multi-task product that gently cleans both exterior and interior automobile surfaces and finishes.
- Leather Lotion, which cleans, conditions and protects leather in one simple step for a lasting soft and supple feel and low-sheen and UV protectant.
- Polishing Paste Wax that cleans, polishes, and protects, removing light swirls and oxidation and providing the paint with lasting protection, all in one easy step
- Vinyl & Rubber Treatment, which leaves just the right amount of rich, natural sheen and darkness for a like-new appearance that’s not shiny and provides durable UV protection to screen out the sun’s UV rays to keep your vehicle’s vinyl, rubber and plastic surfaces looking show car ready.
Mirror Bright USA Instagram Giveaway
How to win:
- Follow @TheLisaTrack on Instagram
- Like the Mirror Bright Instagram Giveaway post and tag a friend (or two) anytime between July 29-31st, 2017
One winner will be chosen at random and notified via Instagram direct message on Friday August 4th, 2017. Instagram Giveaway (the “Giveaway”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of entry.
If you are going to Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance and Monterey Car Week you’ll likely notice Meguiar’s “men in black” all over the peninsula. Be sure to stop by the Meguiar’s tent if you are visiting Concourso Italiano at the Black Horse Golf Course on Saturday August 19, 2017 from 9:30am to 5pm.
Stay tuned for more valuable car care tips I learned from the professionals at Meguiar’s.