Quick they are almost here! Are you one of those who scurry about before your guests arrive, tidying up and trying to make sure everything is perfect? You aren’t alone. We are at the start of graduation and wedding season which inevitably means overnight guests. I’m not suggesting making your guest room into a luxury hotel suite but a few extra touches go a long way. This guest room ties in with an adjoining guest bathroom too. Keeping the color palette the same in both rooms creates a feeling of luxurious ease. Guest rooms should be attractive so guests feel welcome and not like an appendage – unless you don’t want them to sign up for a return trip.
- Fresh clean sheets & towels
- Good reading light next to the bed
- A choice of pillows: down/feather or other fill
- A quiet clock, not one of those old wind-up ones which make noise all night
- Reading material: current magazines or local guidebooks
- Extra blanket
What makes you feel special when staying in someone’s guest room?