Miele appliances, I’ve heard of them, seen them at various showrooms and even know a couple of people who love their Miele dishwashers but until I spent time in their booth at IMM Cologne, I didn’t know what I didn’t know. I didn’t know what one needs to know before choosing a home appliance.
- Miele has been in existence for over 100 years.
- Miele remains family owned.
- Miele is the world’s leading manufacturer of premium domestic appliances.
- All over the world, including Germany, U.K., Australia and the U.S., Miele continues to receive accolades for product quality and customer satisfaction.
- Miele’s corporate credo “forever better” has, throughout the years, remained the conviction of all employees.
- Miele consistently wins top awards for product excellence and design.
Miele builds appliances which are designed for life. Which means designed to last and to enhance the needs of the consumer. In doing so, they create at least five years into the future in terms of both needs and technology.
Their goal is simplicity, to make appliances easy for the consumer. In their new Generation 6000 offering of appliances, every unit within the product range coordinates seamlessly. Controls work uniformly from one appliance to the next and the complexity of using one product or another has been engineered out. Miele appliances are easy to use and easy to understand.Steve Jobs once praised the engineers at Miele for their ability to get everything right. Enough said, I’m not sure what better compliment a consumer product company could get than from the undisputed genius of our time. Healthy cooking is here to stay. A steam oven will be in a kitchen in your future.
Quality matters, engineering matters, and thoughtful design matters. The next time you are in the market for a home appliance, I encourage you to review the offerings from Miele. Home appliances should be designed for life. Photos: First photo collage contains my own photos; 2,3 & 5 courtesy of Miele; photo 4 courtesy of Kathy Sandler.